Veterinary Formula for Equine Gut Health. Improved recipe now with more TOXIN ABSORPTION.
100% Natural Supplement that may assist in the maintenance of the entire gastrointestinal system via:
- Demulcents to line, soothe & protect gut mucosa for natural protection of the entire gut lining
- Antiulcer action to prevent ulcer development, resistance to acid effects
- Natural minerals to prevent toxin absorption, treat & prevent diarrhea
- Provide nutrition for cell repair of damaged bowel tissues
- Detoxify liver & bowel contents
- Liver, kidney & pancreatic protective
- Assist coping with stress, lowering cortisol levels, useful for Metabolic Syndrome horses
- Better Insulin response, assist with the prevention of laminitis
- Prebiotic source & LIVE, Equine specific Probiotics to colonize & grow in the gut
- Seaweed for Natures Superfood; source of prebiotics to support probiotics
GUTPRO Equine Gut Health
Slippery Elm 20%; Marshmallow 10%; Licorice 10%; Milk Thistle 10%; Glutamine 5% Seaweed Meal 20%; Bentonite 20%; Probiotics 5% Saccharomyces yeast( S. Cerevisae & S. Boulardii) (100 Billion CFU/5 gm)
Instructions: Feed 20 - 40 gm once day in damp feed. Feed 5 days per week.
As with all Medicinal Herbs, we advise to allow periods of time to rest the body from supplements. Do this either by feeding 5 days a week or 3 weeks per month.
This formula may be fed alongside anti-ulcer supplements such as Omeprazole. Herbal formulas must be given time for their actions to effect - they are not drugs.
Slippery Elm is an important ingredient, used to heal and prevent ulceration of gastrointestinal tissues. Read More HERE
Bentonite is used for toxin absorption. This naturally occurring material is composed predominantly of the clay mineral smectite. These minerals are capable of binding and removing bacterial toxins. This product has been extensively studied & is especially useful to prevent and treat enteritis.
Weese JS, Cote NM, deGannes RV. Evaluation of in vitro properties of di-tri-octahedral smectite on clostridial toxins and growth. Equine Vet J. 2003 Nov;35(7):638-41. doi: 10.2746/042516403775696384. PMID: 14649353.
Licorice and Marshmallow are effective demulcents, also helping to line and protect the gut lining.
Seaweed meal serves as an important prebiotic source - read more about seaweed on our products page.